[SAC] [jldugger at osuosl.org: OSGEO 4 failed drive]

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Oct 11 08:52:26 PDT 2016

On 10/10/2016 01:10 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 11:32:24AM -0700, Alex M wrote:
>> Or can we finish retiring OSGeo4? What's left to migrate off beside Adhoc?
>
> What's faster between sending a disk and finishing migration ?
> I feel sending a disk would be faster, and I guess the disk could
> be re-allocated upon completing retiring ?
>
> --strk;

You'd be surprised. I think the last raid rebuild took more than 1 week.
Though now that only adhoc is running on that machine it might behave
better.

Of course, realize that being down 1 disk means it's still online,
there's just no hot recovery if another disk goes down right now. If the
backups are good enough (no idea) then it really doesn't matter.

-Alex