[SAC] GitLab deploy update (runner, and out-of-space)

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:48:21 PDT 2016

> Today I've been adding continuous-integration support to
> the experimental GitLab instance, and learning on the go.
>
> I've added a shared runner (kind of a build slave)
> that would execute builds inside a docker image
> (used the same one used on gitlab.com by default, to simplify use)
>
> Unfortunately, the machine (temporarely made available by Vincent Picavet)
> is out of space, so the experiment cannot continue.
>
> The machine currently runs:
>
>  - GitLab (with just a PostGIS clone)
>  - Mattermost
>  - GitLab-Runner (with docker)
>
> It has only ~10GB of space in total.
>
> Are there people still interested in this "git hosting" project ?
> Is it possible to get more hardware resources to continue the
> experiment ?

I'm still interested (not sure about community interest in general though)
but been reluctant to put more time into it because of GitLab only being
partially free with some needed features missing in the community edition,
most importantly repository mirroring.

No idea what MongoDB is used for, cannot find it related to GitLab or
Mattermost.

/Björn