[SAC] so code signing

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:58:03 PDT 2016

Afternoon Michael,

The GeoServer project is now in position to make use of a certificate for
signing windows 10 applications (indeed the signing issue came up during
testing of our release candidate).

Can I ask that you purchase a certificate we can use on windows? Larry
provided https://www.digicert.com/code-signing/code-signing.htm and example
of a cost effective provider.

I think it would be appropriate to purchase this for 2-3 years?

If we purchase this on behalf of the GeoServer project (that has a tight
deadline) we can ask SAC to manage the certifcate (and carefully share it
with the QGIS and OSGeo4Win team.

Larry am I missing anything? Who is responsible for the QGIS community
windows releases?

Related tickets:
- https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1813
- https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-7812