[SAC] [Hosting] OSL Support

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Fri Apr 21 14:41:51 PDT 2017

To Our Valued Open Source Hosted Projects,

Over the past 14 years the OSL has been a cornerstone of the Open Source
Community, providing neutral infrastructure hosting and project support to
over 150 free and open source projects. We’ve done this as part of our core
mission to provide rich, hands on experiential learning opportunities to
our student workers, helping to train the next generation of DevOps and
Open Source development engineers. And many of our OSL Alumni have since
taken leadership roles in a number of core internet companies.

Our funding model has always been a difficult balance of corporate
sponsorships, hosting contracts, individual giving and some very limited
support from the university. This year is proving to be particularly
challenging and we are facing a deficit of approximately $240k that needs
to be filled by June 30th, 2017.

We hope we can count on your support to help us overcome this shortfall and
specifically request your help in the following ways:

   -

   Finding more corporate sponsors to eliminate our funding deficit
   (whether it be a company you work for or one you may have a relationship
   with)
   -

   Introductions to individuals or organizations that you feel would be
   interested in sponsoring our students or OSL projects
   -

   Introductions to any medium to large FOSS projects that are looking for
   hosting and are able to pay for that hosting
   -

   Promotion of, and participation in, an OSL Crowdfunding campaign that
   will be announced soon
   -

   And of course, promotion of individual giving
   <http://osufoundation.org/osl> [1] to the OSL from your community always
   helps and is very much appreciated

Please contact me directly at lance at osuosl.org if you are able to assist or
have any questions.