[SAC] OSGeo Ganeti Cluster

Lance Albertson ramereth at osuosl.org
Thu Dec 14 14:29:56 PST 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 1:14 PM, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> Resending this plain text cause got bounced first time.
>
> Lance,
>
> We have plans to retire osgeo4 so may not be worthwhile to upgrade that.
>
> After we get the new hardware, would it be possible for you to do the
> upgrade on the new hardware we send, and then move all the VMs on osgeo4 to
> the new hardware and then chuck osgeo4 (or use for whatever you want)?
>
> I think that would be ideal if it's not too much trouble.
>
> See our upcoming agenda items for reference.
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC_Meeting_2017-12-21
>
> Alex please correct me if I misspoke.

​When do you expect the new server to arrive? I'd rather not wait months to
complete this although I don't mind waiting a few weeks. Rebuilding the
machine isn't that much work for me, most of the time is spent moving VMs
around.

Let me know how that meeting goes! Thanks-​

--
Lance Albertson
Director