[SAC] #osgeo-sac on freenode

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Feb 15 01:30:15 PST 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 11:41:19PM +0100, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 14 February 2017 at 23:34, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> > I have heard that it is already the case that OSGeo has control of
> > #osgeo-<anything> as a group on freenode.  I'm not sure of the details
> > nor could I find documentation on the wiki.
> >
> > I vaguely recall Jeff (I think) mentioning recent contact with
> > Freenode about this.  Was that you Jeff?  Do you know what the details
> > are?
>
> I think I can recall a similar info, not sure where I heard it from.
>
> Might be worth to update it here
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IRC

I've been chatting with freenode ops who suggested to check with
a /who command if anyone was having the "osgeo" cloak. I did and found:

  * mloskot   H   0  ~mloskot at osgeo/member/mloskot [realname]
  * hobu      G   0  ~hobu at osgeo/member/hobu [Google me]
  * aboudreault H   0  ~aboudreau at osgeo/member/aboudreault [Alan Boudreault]

Now I'm waiting for an answer from the admins to figure out what's going on.