[SAC] Weblate self-hosting proposal

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Oct 24 12:41:37 PDT 2017

I've contacted Michal Čihař who's responsible for the weblate
hosting solutions documented here: https://weblate.org/en/hosting/#self

Like we did for website, we could also get help from Weblate
developers to provide translation infrastructure to OSGeo projects
(translate.osgeo.org?). A contract of 500EUR/year would give us
initial installation (with LDAP support) and an upgrade every 6
months.

I'd love to have the option to move PostGIS translation from transifex
(discontinued from being open-source) to OSGeo-hosted Weblate (GPLv3+),
what would you think about it ?

Micheal mail follows.

--strk;

----- Forwarded message from Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> -----