[SAC] [OSGeo] #165: Wiki LDAP integration

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Sep 19 02:53:05 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:36:40PM +0100, Jorge Gustavo Rocha wrote:

> Thanks for your comment. I need to look at the data to have a better
> understanding.

Do you have access to that database already ?

> Your suggestion is just to create (or link) LDAP accounts from local
> wiki accounts when the user logins, one by one? I thought that we could
> try to create new LDAP entries for all local wiki accounts in one batch
> and keep the logins restrict to LDAP accounts. Each user would receive
> an email with a link to update his LDAP entry.

Creating a _new_ LDAP account for eveh WIKI account would be overkill,
as most WIKI users are probably already having a LDAP account.

A match could be found by email, although both LDAP *and* WIKI
accounts did not always verify emails in the past.

Does the LDAP authentication plugin of Wikimedia already allows you
to link a LDAP account to a local account ? Or what are the options
to do that ?