[SAC] [OSGeo] #165: Wiki LDAP integration

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Sep 19 03:38:13 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:22:42AM +0100, Jorge Gustavo Rocha wrote:
> On 19-09-2017 10:53, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> > A match could be found by email, although both LDAP *and* WIKI
> > accounts did not always verify emails in the past.
>
> Only wiki accounts without a matching email in LDAP would be handled.
> But I'm just guessing. I need to look at the data.

Do you need a full dump of the database or is a view enough ?
Can you provide instructions to create such a export ?
(like, is there a way to "export" data from the UI ?)

> > Does the LDAP authentication plugin of Wikimedia already allows you
> > to link a LDAP account to a local account ? Or what are the options
> > to do that ?
>
> The LDAP extension allows us to login using either a valid wiki account
> or a valid LDAP account. The extension also allow us to create a LDAP
> entry when creating a new wiki account (and it will be an LDAP account
> and not a local wiki account). It does not provide any logic to create
> an LDAP account after a successful login with a local wiki account.

We want LDAP account creation to be centralized to the current system
(which requires a mantra) so other entry point for LDAP account creation
should be disabled. Rather, the "register" link should point to
http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid

> If we want to link each wiki account after a successful login, we can
> provide a hook [1] and write the desired behaviour.
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks

Are you able/willing to do so (as a volunteer or payed contributor) ?