[SAC] Virtualbox on Osgeo6

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Sep 27 02:42:06 PDT 2017

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

> I guess just the need for a VM for the new website and virtualbox being strk's
> favorite (and that probably only because he used vagrant for testing).
>
> My favorite would be libvirt/kvm (and the kernel modules for that are -
> unsupprisingly - already in place).

I definitely would like to leave the "my favourite virtualization technique
is cooler than yours" debate to others, but please let me put a general
question:

Does the new website really require full virtualizazion ?  Don't techniques
which rely on Linux Control Groups provide sufficient separation ?

Cheers,