[SAC] Virtualbox on Osgeo6

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Sep 28 14:46:16 PDT 2017

Disclaimer: I don't want to urge anybody to use Docker in this setup, I know
about the downsides of using Docker, my intention is solely to clarify.

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 02:21:07PM -0700, Alex M wrote:

> The thing about Docker, is you don't let anyone into a Docker, Docker's
> are immutable from a configuration viewpoint. The way you fix a Docker
> is update the script to deploy it and redeploy.

This is one style of using Docker, maybe the most popular one, but "there's
more than one way to do it" (like in Perl).  Setting up a base system,
SSH'ing into it like you would into a VM and arranging things inside is not
that uncommon.

Cheers,