[SAC] Fwd: [Travis CI Deprecation Notice for OSGeo] - Container-Based Linux Build Environment

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Dec 4 05:20:44 PST 2018

-------- Forwarded Message --------

[Deprecation Notice] - Container-Based Linux Build Environment Starting
today, we will begin routing all Linux builds to the
virtual-machine-based infrastructure.

       Deprecation: Container-Based Linux Build Environments

Hi OSGeo!

We’re emailing to make sure you know about the ongoing deprecation of
the container-based Linux build environment. As we have communicated on
the blog
<https://travis-ci.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8ce724a4c9af4dace663cd39c&id=b8a008fb72&e=a07bfadf03>,
and our changelog
<https://travis-ci.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8ce724a4c9af4dace663cd39c&id=c14e98036e&e=a07bfadf03>,
we are now routing all Linux builds to the virtual-machine-based Linux
infrastructure (“sudo: required” infrastructure). We believe this change
facilitates a more intuitive build configuration experience that is more
in line with how the majority of our customers and community use Travis CI.

Starting today, we will begin routing all Linux builds to the
virtual-machine-based infrastructure, regardless of the setting for the
sudo keyword in a .travis.yml file. We expect minimal impact to your
builds, unless you specifically safelist Travis CI IPs as part of your
CI/CD pipeline. If so, we recommend you update those values (see the
docs
<https://travis-ci.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8ce724a4c9af4dace663cd39c&id=1a7aa66104&e=a07bfadf03>
for the new IPs to use). The virtual-machine based environment has all
the same tools as the container-based environment, along with better
compute resources and support for building Docker containers.

We’re contacting you directly as it looks like you have at least one
repository that ran a build within the last week on your open- and/or
closed-source projects, where the build configuration is explicitly
configured for the container-based build environment. This build
configuration(s) may potentially be affected by this change, so we
wanted you to be aware this change is happening. Your build traffic will
be migrated automatically soon, or your can opt-in sooner by changing
your .travis.yml(s) to use sudo: required.

Of course, if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact
us at support at travis-ci.com, or let us know on the community forum
<https://travis-ci.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8ce724a4c9af4dace663cd39c&id=b14087d1a6&e=a07bfadf03>.

Happy building!

Thanks so much,