[SAC] Virtualization for our new Hardware and Hardware specs

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sat Feb 10 01:33:55 PST 2018

"Regina Obe" wrote:

> If we go with libvrt [...]

I'd like to point out that libvirt is *not* a virtualization technology,
just a utility to help orchestrating VM's.  Virtualization is (in
chronological oder as far as I recall) VMware, Xen, KVM, VirtualBox, ....

Then we have containers based on Linux kernel features called "control
croups" and "namespaces" (and others), orchestrated by utilities like LXC,
Docker, OpenVZ, ....

Libvirt, among others, is a utility which is, to a certain degree, capable
of controlling virzualization as well as containers.

To be honest, my biggst fear in this discussion is of getting a result based
on false assumptions and/or expectations.

Cheers,