[SAC] OSGeo7 Sever Config Quote

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Feb 14 09:18:42 PST 2018

On 02/13/2018 09:29 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 08:57:14AM -0800, Alex M wrote:
>
>> Note OSGeo6 is 6xSSD with I believe 2 RAID5.
>
> Could we add hardware specs to the wiki ?
>
> This page doesn't mention RAIDS or SSDs:
>   https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Osgeo6
> It does link to an "Hardware Plan 2014" page
> but from there you cannot tell which hardware
> ended up becoming "osgeo6".
>
> --strk;

Uh, yes the SSDs are listed under hardware.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Osgeo6#Hardware
They are all Intel DC S3500 Series MLC

Agreed the RAID configuration does not seem to be on that page. Martin
S. set up the machine and can confirm. Based on the drives I think it's
RAID 1 for the 2x80 GB drives with the OS, and RAID 5 with the 4x480 drives.