[SAC] [Hosting] ftp-osl storage upgrade (full rebuild required) - Jun 18, 2018 9:30AM PDT (Jun 18 1630 UTC)

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Thu Jun 14 15:52:55 PDT 2018

I had a few questions regarding this outages that I wanted to clarify for
everyone.

1. There should be no outage during the 5.5 hour outage window for anything
pointed to ftp.osuosl.org (unless your DNS is directly pointing at
ftp-osl.osuosl.org)
2. During the 18-24hr sync from ceph to local storage, ftp-osl should have
normal read/write operations. There might be a little bit of I/O
performance hit during that window but it's hard to tell. There will be a
short (likely 5 min) outage to read/writes on ftp-osl when I do the final
switch back to local storage however.

--
Lance Albertson
Director