[SAC] PostgreSQL on TracSVN machine over max connections

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Jun 26 01:30:09 PDT 2018

The PostgreSQL server on TracSVN VM reports having reached
max connections (200, per current configuration).

It's been logging this for days, after just one day from start:

  2018-05-22 09:06:03 GMT FATAL:  the database system is starting up
  [...]
  2018-05-22 09:06:03 GMT LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
  [...]
  2018-06-26 08:22:01 GMT FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already

Logs do not contain any information about clients.
According to netstat there are only 2 TCP connections (which I think
we should forbid, unless there's a reason not to) so I guess all
others are done via unix sockets.

This is PostgreSQL-10 running, dunno since when.
Can anyone join #osgeo-sac to help with fixing the issue ?
For now I'll restart it