[SAC] uncommitted osgeo6 (mail) changes

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Mar 6 02:58:09 PST 2018

Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On osgeo6 machine the whole of /etc is under a git repository.

Folks, if I'm not mistaken, this is a quick overview of GIT'ted /etc/
directories on OSGeo machines:

backup:
    /etc/bacula/

download:
    /etc/apache2/

osgeo6:
    /etc/
    /etc/drone/
    /etc/apache2/

secure:
    /etc/init.d/

tracsvn:
    /etc/trac/
    /etc/apache2/
    /etc/fail2ban/

web:
    /etc/fail2ban/
    /etc/apache2/

webextra:
    /etc/letsencrypt/
    /etc/apache2/

wiki:
    /etc/php5/

This smells a little bit like "hey I'm cool, I've invented yet another
GIT'ted config directory."

>From my perspective it would be strongly indicated at least to define, maybe
even establish a standard on how to git /etc/ directories *before* everybody
tries to enforce their own.  The current state looks a little bit bizarre.

Cheers,