[SAC] http://download.osgeo.org doesn't respond

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 12 13:42:41 PDT 2018

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 8:24 PM, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
> I noticed there were about 30 vsftpd server processes running under account
> ftp and account nobody.  I killed all of them and shutoff the vsftpd
> service.
>
> I thought we just use https/http/and sftp-server for downloads or is that
> service used for something else.
>
> I thought people download via https/http and people upload via sftp-server?

I'm not aware of any FTP service OSGeo would need.

Still the CPU load is again very high.

I checked some directories and see that the NFS mounted
/osgeo/download cannot be read:

download:/osgeo/download# time -p ls -la
^C
real 157.36
user 0.00
sys 0.00

This leads to rsync hanging:
jef       8675  0.0  0.0  11600   852 ?        DNs  05:13   0:00 rsync
--server -vre.iLsfxC --delay-updates --remove-source-files .
osgeo4w/x86//release/

I guess the NFS daemon should be restarted?

Anyone?

Markus