[SAC] [Hosting] Resolved Outage: Mailman, RT (support.osuosl.org), OSL email delivery

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Fri Oct 5 13:55:32 PDT 2018

All,

This morning at approximately 8:10am PDT,  I attempted to do a routine
reboot of a VM that hosts our mailman, ticket tracker and local mail
delivery service. Unfortunately the machine did not reboot properly. The
root cause seemed to be related to a misconfiguration to /etc/nsswitch.conf
causing the machine to take a long time to boot up. I was able to bring up
the VM at approximately 1pm PDT and mail delivery resumed properly.

Apologies for any issues this may have caused.

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson
Director