[SAC] OSGeo Ganeti Cluster

Lance Albertson ramereth at osuosl.org
Mon Apr 8 13:13:26 PDT 2019

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 12:31 PM Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> Lance,
>

> Some things we have migrated off already, but there are some lose ends I
> am in the middle of inventorying.

Great!

We plan to migrate whatever is left to our new LXD container system on
> osgeo7 and reformat osgeo4 with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS so it can work as a spear
> for osgeo7.

When you're ready to do that, let us know and we'll need to change how the
networking is setup on the machine and take it out of our manage. In
addition, I'd recommend we upgrade the bios/firmware on it before you start
using it again. I can do that for you if you'd like when you're ready to do
that.

> Are we talking about both osgeo3 and osgeo4.  I recall one being in bad
> shape (with the arrays) – I think it was osgeo4 and osgeo3 being more or
> less okay, but I'm still feeling my way thru the setup of things so could
> be wrong.

I just checked and osgeo3 has no failed drives (currently). However, osgeo4
has one failed drive in a RAID6 and if you'd like to replace it, it seems
like it's going to be fairly cheap [1]. This should be an exact
replacement.  If you do plan on replacing it, you should buy 2-3 more just
in case others fail.

Do you have any idea when you'll be wrapping the migrations up?

Thanks-

[1] https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148538

--
Lance Albertson