[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 26 09:32:40 PDT 2019

Sorry I guess I missed all this discussion.

For the OSGeo7 we had 500GB allocated for root, and the rest of the disks were set aside for ZFS.

I think a similar setup will work.  Note the 500 GB is useful for exporting images so I'd like at least that much separate from our lxd ZFS pool.  It doesn't need to be the root drive and doesn't really need mirroring either.

I think going with RAID0 is probably the best.
Also last time we did this -- you just inserted the Ubuntu 18.04 disk in the CD tray and we took care of the installation.
Not sure if that is doable or if because of the way the RAID is setup that's not doable.

Thanks,
Regina