[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 26 09:57:35 PDT 2019

Lance,

By RAID0 I meant by what you suggested below:

> >> Unfortunately, the disk controllers technically don't support JBOD,
> >> however we can work around it by setting up each disk as a RAID0
> >> device. This is what we do our Ceph storage nodes and it works
> >> quite nicely. It also allows the disks to use the HW RAID cache.

As for the OS that won't be under ZFS will a regular extfs partition, so  maybe a RAID1 (is that what you were suggesting)?
I suppose having some level of redundancy for the root partition  would be good since we won't have that under ZFS.

Hope that clarifies things,
Regina