[SAC] OSGeo4 status

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sat Aug 31 01:01:59 PDT 2019

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 03:39:33AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> 3) I added osgeo7 as a remote host on osgeo4.
>
> You'll see it listed if you do
>
> lxc remote list

I don't see osgeo7 remote from osgeo4, nor osgeo4 from osgeo7

> 4) I created a new container using osgeo7 ldap image -- I called it dmz for
> now (not sure that's the best name)
> Using below command:
> lxc launch osgeo7:debian9-base-ldap-ssh dmz
>
> This is the container I will expose the port 22 on and will be the only one
> with that port exposed - similar to how download.osgeo.org is used on osgeo7
>
> Let me know what name you would prefer and also what we should make the DNS.

Can we access _all_ containers from that host ?

How about "hop", "jump" or "bastion" ? (I prefer short names, so I
vote for "hop").

> 5) I setup nginx container which I called osgeo4-nginx (so not to be
> confused with the osgeo7 one, as that one I'd probably have a nightly
> snapshot of it in a stopped state)

Can we have aliases, so like "prod-nginx" for the live one and
"backup-nginx" or some better name for the hot-swap ?

> 6) I shut off the wordpess-dev on osgeo7 and copied it over to osgeo4.
> I'm going to restore latest prod data on it and setup a script to copy
> latest prod data so we can do some stress tests.
> Eventually I'd like to move wordpress from web18a to osgeo7
> I still need to proxy thru nginx and change the dns

Would it make sense to try an upgrade before the stress-test ?

> #near future plans
> 1) I'll setup a nightly script that does a copy of latest snapshot of key
> containers from osgeo7 to osgeo4 and keeps them in a stopped state.
> So in case if anything happens to osgeo7, should not take much time to reset
> up.
> 2) Start focusing on issues with wordpress
> 3) Migrate some of the stuff on osgeo3 to either osgeo4 or osgeo7.  I'm
> thinking things like old-adhoc, old-projects  I'd move from osgeo7 to osgeo4
>
> 4) Setup a dronie agent on osgeo4

Thanks for the report, much appreciated !