[SAC] idea - officer specific email alias

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 29 12:02:00 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 7:59 PM Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had an idea when writing up a "contributor covenant" page for GeServer (to reflect osgeo code of conduct change). Listing the project officer, Simone in this case, is a bit of a pain. Would it be appropriate to set up an email alias for geoserver at osgeo.org to forward to Simone or whomever the current contact person is?
>
> We could do the same for a lot of the officers on the board and officers page and have a more stable contact point as officers change over time.
>
> Is this a good idea worth a ticket?

Not sure - at least be prepared to receive tons of spam after a while
(see the solkatz award email reflector :-( ).

In the GRASS GIS project, we use for years a moderated list for it
(https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-web/). No spam (most garbage
is auto-rejected) and low level of work for the moderators (basically
me). Certainly it is overkill to run a list per person but a generic
list per project without the need of subscribing might be a way to go
also for other projects.

Cheers
Markus