[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #27802] Mirroring OSGeo Downloads over OSUOSL ftp Service

via RT hosting-request at osuosl.org
Mon May 13 11:17:24 PDT 2019

> >> We can do it a variety of ways depending on what works best. We can
> >> either sync from an rsync endpoint at a regular basis, or we could
> >> give you a shell account on the master server where you can initiate
> >> the sync and also sync the slaves.
> >
> > Just checking in on this to see if you still want to proceed or not.
> >

> Yes, we just didn't reach a decision about which method we prefer. It's
> probably best if we give you an ssh account to our machine, and then you pull
> with rsync over ssh a specified directory on maybe a nightly schedule. At least
> lets try starting with that. I can see why later we might want to be able to
> push, in order to get new releases mirrored sooner.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

[Regina Obe]

Now that we have download.osgeo.org on osgeo7, I'd like to proceed with this.

Can you send me a public key you'll be using to sync the files and I'll create an account for it to pull.
I think a 2-3 scheduled syncs a day should be sufficient.

The folder we'd want synched is the  /osgeo  folder on download.osgeo.org

Thanks,
Regina