[SAC] [OSGeo-Conf] call for volunteers - document management

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Mon Nov 25 13:04:03 PST 2019

Hello SAC team

Just saw this email from the Conference committee.

(I am not considering the 12 wiki edits topic in this mail which I think
they will remain.)

Maybe we can discuss some ideas on possible setup on OSGeo gitea
and to move things from SVN to gitea, and give some feedback on the topic
the conference committee about the pro's and con's.

Regards
Vicky

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 2:36 PM Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> Hi conference committee,
>
> Much of the document management of committee documents in SVN version
> control has been done by me for the last few years.  I enjoy
> contributing this and am happy to help.  Someday, I hope to leave the
> conference committee and make room for other ideas and new leaders.
>
> Is there anyone who would like to do document management?  This
> involves about 12 SVN commits a year and another 12 wiki edits.  I'm
> happy to set you up with the rights to SVN and the wiki and help with
> the basics of SVN.
>
> Is there anyone who would like to do document management if the
> version control were something other than SVN?  If so, which version
> control would you prefer?  If git, would that be github or OSGeo's
> gitea instance or something else?
>
> Thanks, Eli

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,