[SAC] Friday black for Climate

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Wed Sep 18 15:32:38 PDT 2019

Hi SAC, OSGeo Board Members, stakeholders -

Green marketers are backing a "climate strike" on Friday, 20sep19, which
includes many public-facing actions, symbolic or otherwise.

One marketer is writing "many websites will go dark for the
climate-strike"   (TriplePundit)

I suggest that we put a one-day "black banner" on some sites here  -- it
is political, but I feel that the actual air, dirt and water that all
life depends on, transcends politics.

   a quick poll shows that there is Board support for this, no downside,
so let's do it.

   best regards from Berkeley, California    --Brian