[SAC] secure (ldap) routing

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Dec 1 15:16:29 PST 2020

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 11:40:33AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> I'm trying to address ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2521
> which is about the "secure" container (ldap.osgeo.org) but I'm lost
> in IP routing. According to
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC_Service_Status#Secure_.28LDAP_.29_ldap.osgeo.org
> the machine answering requests for "ldap.osgeo.org" is an LXC
> container named "secure" and hosted on osgeo7 but the IP address
> of "ldap.osgeo.org" (140.211.15.57) is not returned by `ifconfig` run on
> `osgeo7` machine. Can anyone help me understand the routing setup ?

Figured: the additional IPs are listened on by LXC "devices"
configured on containers. I don't know if there's a command to query
for devices globally, anyway they can be queried for each container
with:

  lxc config device show <containername>

Also, `netstat -tnl` can be useful to see what's being listened on.