[SAC] ansible-deployment and ssh-lxc connection plugin

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Dec 29 01:35:00 PST 2020

I found an ansible connection plugin that allows to target an LXD
container hosted on an host which can be reached via SSH. I like it,
it means we can deploy to containers without setting up direct SSH access
to the containers themselves.

We now just have to decide how to include the connection plugin
(a single file) into our ansible-deployment repository.

    1. Copy the single file, track locally
    2. Reference the upstream repository [1] as a git submodule
    3. Leave instruction about installing the plugin globally

I'm tempted to take option 2, what do you think ?

[1] https://github.com/andreasscherbaum/ansible-lxc-ssh

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html