[SAC] [Hosting] IPv6 connectivity issues

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Sep 8 09:04:38 PDT 2020

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 6:06 PM Lance Albertson (OSL) <lance at osuosl.org>
wrote:

> We've been experiencing several issues related to IPv6 since 4:48PM PDT
> (2348 UTC) according to Pingdom. I've sent an email to our ISP but have not
> heard back from them. Looking at their stats page, it might be an issue
> related to one of their upstream providers (Specifically SeattleIX).
>
> I will send another update once there is one.

We still seem to be having some issues with IPv6 but I do have an update
from our ISP (LinkOregon was NERO).

There was a cut on their connection north into the SeattleIX and all
traffic was automatically rerouted to other paths. Unfortunately, some of
the upstreams on those paths are black holing IPv6 traffic. LinkOregon has
disabled those IPv6 peerings and will be opening up a ticket with them
shortly. They will let us know when they re-enable those IPv6 peerings, but
it likely won't be for a few days until the problem has been resolved.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson
Director