[SAC] [Hosting] Unplanned Power Event

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Sun Aug 1 12:28:52 PDT 2021

I got word that this outage was more campus wide which included impacting
the OpenCompute hosts. I went through those hosts and ensured they are back
online but let me know if I missed anything.

OSU will be sending in a tech in a few days to see why the UPS didn't fail
over properly in our primary datacenter which caused the power event. I'm
also going to spot check a few hosts' power when I go in on Tuesday to
ensure power is split properly between the power feeds. If you had any
hosts that went down with dual power, please let me know ASAP so I can add
it to the list of hosts to check.

Thanks for your patience!

--
Lance Albertson