[SAC] 'peer not authenticated' error when trying to use repo.osgeo.org

Andreas Barth andreas.barth at graphhopper.com
Wed Dec 8 03:01:08 PST 2021

I'm using this artifact in a Maven project:

```
<dependency>
   <groupId>org.geotools</groupId>
   <artifactId>gt-shapefile</artifactId>
   <version>26.1</version>
</dependency>
```

I included the OSGeo repository in my `pom.xml` file like this:

```
<repository>
   <id>osgeo</id>
   <name>OSGeo Release Repository</name>
   <url>https://repo.osgeo.org/repository/release/</url>
</repository>
```

Running `mvn clean install` on Travis I get the following error:

```
Could not transfer artifact org.geotools:gt-metadata:jar:26.1 from/to
osgeo (https://repo.osgeo.org/repository/release/): peer not authenticated
```

Strangely, this does work using openjdk8, but not openjdk11. Also it
seems that some artifacts are downloaded from repo.osgeo.org without
problems, but for some I receive the above error.

Can you give any advice how to fix or further debug this?

And a bonus question: Are there any plans to or reasons against
publishing the geotools artifacts on Maven Central?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Andreas