[SAC] [Hosting] Change made on our mail relays related to spam detection

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Sun Feb 21 15:01:53 PST 2021

All,

It was discovered today that we had missed a few configuration settings
with how we manage spam email on the new mail relays. The new relays were
out right blocking spam and not adding X-Spam-Status headers which does not
match the old nodes. We have pushed out a change allowing "spammy" email to
go through but have the headers set matching the behaviour of the old
nodes. In addition, we noticed some differences with the amavis settings
between the old and new nodes which have now been synced up.

I wanted to send this note out in case anyone noticed this or this change
causes other issues.

We'll continue to monitor the nodes and ensure we don't have any issues. I
expect we'll migrate the remaining two nodes later this week.

Thanks for your patience!

--
Lance Albertson
Director