[SAC] [Hosting] MAINTENANCE: Network Uplink migration to LinkOregon - Tuesday, Sep 6 2200 UTC

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Aug 30 15:12:36 PDT 2022

All,

Next Tuesday, September 6th between 3-5PM PDT (2200-0000UTC) we will be
migrating our network uplink from NERO to LinkOregon.

Over the past several years, NERO has been merged into a new organization
called LinkOregon [1]. They have built a completely new network and this
migration will finally move us over to that new network. This will
eventually give us access to even more bandwidth and will also move us off
of their "legacy" network. For now we're just moving from one 10G uplink to
another 10G. But we're planning on upgrading this to 40G or 100G eventually.

I expect there to be a 5-10min system-wide outage (hopefully much less)
while we make this migration. We will be shutting down the current uplink
on one router, and bringing up the new uplink on a different router. I will
be on-site in case there are any major issues where I need to get direct
access to the switches.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

[1] https://www.linkoregon.org/

--
Lance Albertson
Director