[SAC] PSC Vote: Review budget and vote to submit

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jan 15 18:07:05 PST 2022

As mentioned a couple of threads ago,

I wrote up a draft budget with comments for submission.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Budget#2022

Which has not yet been submitted to the board.
My comments about how I arrived at these numbers are reiterated below:
>From https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2022-January/013872.html

Notable changes:

1) Wiki lines taken out
2) Added a line "Donation to open source infra projects we rely on".  I'm
not sure if this should fall in our budget or another.
In discussing with folks, I think a lot of people feel that even if we are
running our own infrastructure we should support (at least small struggling
projects) we rely on for infra software to help keep them afloat and
minimize the risk they close off their open source offerings.  Such donation
we can maybe change to tech support or something.  Like for example
Limesurvey has a Comfort-update-extension (which costs $88/year)
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2688
-- so some of the donation we set aside Limesurvey would go towards purchase
of that and simplify the upgrade.

3) Upped the budget on contracts (to be $6250 per contract )
approximately 125 USD x50 -- the exchange rate at the moment between EUR and
US is $125 USD / $110 EUR

4) Hardware supplies I upped a little bit cause of plan to buy new disks for
osgeo9.
5) OSUOSL hosting I upped to $5000 (from $4600) cause there is inflation and
we'll probably need OSUOSL to do a bit extra to install the disks and reset
up the OS. Also $5000 is a more even number.

Thanks,
Regina