[SAC] [Hosting] PSA: Please update polkit on all Linux systems ASAP

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Thu Jan 27 09:47:55 PST 2022

In case you missed the announcement yesterday [1][2], there was a really
nasty vulnerability in polkit released. All major distributions should have
fixes for it now so I urge everyone to update their systems ASAP.

We upgraded all of our systems yesterday without any issues. I also
recommend everyone to enable automatic upgrades on your systems if you're
able to.

[1]
https://blog.qualys.com/vulnerabilities-threat-research/2022/01/25/pwnkit-local-privilege-escalation-vulnerability-discovered-in-polkits-pkexec-cve-2021-4034
[2] https://lwn.net/Articles/882609/