[SAC] LXD image management in production

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Mar 17 20:46:59 PDT 2022

> > > Is it ok to make images available locally in production or are we
> > delegating
> > > images holding to the osgeo9 host instead ?
> > >
> > > --strk;
> > >
> > [Regina Obe]
> > I have been building the newer images on osgeo9 and then copying as
> > needed to the production servers.
> >
> > I was planning to have osgeo9 be the image authority.
> >
> > That said there is no policy -- want to start one?
>
> The idea of deploying osgeo9 first, as an image repository, is appealing.
>
> --strk;
 [Regina Obe]
Just a side note. The osgeo-ubuntu-20 image I did build with an ansible
script which is under the images role

I guess I even did define osgeo9 as having the images role and used that to
build and push the osgeo-ubuntu-20 to it.
That script installs the ldap auth, configures it, adds sudoers.

I think the debian one will be similar so I'll attempt to build a fresh
debian-11 images and a debian-12.

Thanks,
Regina