[SAC] [OSGeo] #2847: Getting started page, big image adds no value and detracts from reaching information

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 18 11:41:39 PST 2022

#2847: Getting started page, big image adds no value and detracts from reaching
information
---------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  robe     |      Owner:  vicky@…
     Type:  task     |     Status:  new
Component:  WebSite  |   Keywords:
---------------------+--------------------------
 As I was discussing in OSGeo General with some folks complaining about how
 hard it is to find useful content.

 I noticed the getting started page https://www.osgeo.org/community
 /getting-started-osgeo/ is very useful except for that humongous image on
 the page.  I have no idea what that image is supposed to tell me, but does
 make the page load a little slower, and pushes all the useful content way
 down.

 I think getting rid of that image would be a huge improvement.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2847>
OSGeo <https://osgeo.org/>