[SAC] [MOTION] refresh SAC LDAP group: vote to remain !

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Sep 7 02:07:56 PDT 2022

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 10:45:27AM +0200, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sept 2022 at 10:33, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> >
> > I know we want the "bus factor" to be high but the current list
> > of "SAC" members in LDAP doesn't really reflect the reality:
> >
> >   https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/shell?group=sac
> >
> > The page should only be visible to SAC members (I think, but please
> > report here if you can see the page and are NOT in that list).
>
> I can see it but I'm not part of SAC

Thanks, can you also see the checkboxes to delete members and the
input box to add members ?

> > The list counts 34 people but only an handful of these people wrote
> > to this mailing list in the last 6 months (ballpark estimate, not
> > scientifically conducted). Also only 23 are listed as "active members"
> > here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC#Active
> >
> > There's no documented procedure for removing SAC members from the LDAP
> > group here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC#Procedures
> >
> > So I thought maybe we can drop names of all members who do not
> >
> > Please vote for the motion of removing anyone who does not respond
> > before the end of September 2022 AND write your LDAP username.
> > I'll start:
> >
> >   +1 strk
>
> I'm not part of SAC but I support the idea

Thanks.
Meanwhile I've realized that the "sac" group is documented (and possibly
also used) to grant shell access to osgeo infrastructure, according to the
LDAP group description (maybe we should print that description from
the web python script) but I'm not sure nowadays which hosts really
use that information. Regina might know better.