[SAC] LDAP organization help

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Sep 7 15:26:05 PDT 2022

> To complicate things, there's another common name in the "shell"
> organizational unit being "telascience", with description:
>
>   Shell Access to OSGeo TelaScience resources
>
> That's the group shown by this url:
>
>   https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/shell
>
> And that group is HUGE, suspiciously.
>
> --strk;

Yap, that's what I thought.  Internally the shell group is called
telascience.
All these people I think are people that are allowed to upload artifacts to
upload.osgeo.org and that is why they were put there.

Before my time I think all OSGeo servers were housed at Telascience, and
when that became defunct, the name just stuck.