[SAC] [OSGeo] #2959: Help getting FOSS4G 2022 videos into video.osgeo.org and FOSS4G youtube channel

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 1 18:46:02 PDT 2023

#2959: Help getting FOSS4G 2022 videos into video.osgeo.org and FOSS4G youtube
channel
---------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  robe           |      Owner:  sac@…
     Type:  task           |     Status:  new
Component:  Systems Admin  |   Keywords:
---------------------------+--------------------------------------
 There is currently some difficulty with getting FOSS4G 2022 videos into
 Youtube because of rate limits etc.

 So plan is to load them into our Peertube instance video.osgeo.org  and
 then push them also to Youtube using the Youtube API.

 I'm still reviewing how we can achieve this.

 As far as loading into video.osgeo.org, I think I just need to allocate a
 staging folder to scp these up.

 And then we can use the Peertube upload api reading from a CSV file to
 load in the videos and associated meta data, like discussed here -
 https://beeldengeluid.github.io/extending-peertube/migration/2021/07/06
 /importing-videos-with-the-api.html

 using the Peertube upload cli https://docs.joinpeertube.org/maintain/tools
 #peertube-upload-js

 I think things are a bit easier since that article was written 2 years
 ago.

 The Youtube side worst case, I think we just read from the staging folder
 and process using the existing Youtube script we have perhaps just having
 it load 5 a day or so.  I haven't looked that deeply into Youtube, but I
 couldn't find a way to just import a video url stream, like Peertube
 offers for (Youtube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion). That would be the ideal
 solution.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2959>
OSGeo <https://osgeo.org/>