[SAC] [Hosting] oslsw3 core switch migration

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Fri Aug 25 10:21:15 PDT 2023

All,

Now that we've completed migrating off of oslsw1, we now need to start
migrating off of our old Cisco 6509 switch also known as oslsw3. We have
over 150 ports that need to be migrated onto newer switching gear so this
process will be ongoing for the next several weeks.

Today we're starting this process by working on ports that we feel have low
impact to communities at large. Any outage people will experience should
only last a few seconds.

For larger projects, we'll be reaching out to you later to schedule those
migrations since they likely will impact your communities.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out via email or
IRC in #osuosl on Librachat.

Thanks for your support!

--
Lance Albertson