[SAC] [Hosting] LinkOregon Planned Network Outages (03/27/2023 - 03/29/2023)

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Mar 28 09:01:34 PDT 2023

Apologies for the late notice, but our network provider LinkOregon has
scheduled a multi-day planned outage happening during PDT evenings this
week which started last night and going through tonight and tomorrow
evening. Many of you likely noticed some disruptions last night due to this.

The following is the announcement we received [1]:

Link Oregon has upgraded firmware on our routing hardware platform.
> Customers may have experienced a brief service outage when their directly
> attached router was rebooted. Reboots were sequenced to minimize disruption
> to customers with redundant connections. To maximize network stability
> changes will occur over multiple nights during Spring Break.

This was maintenance window 1 of 3. The second activity date is scheduled
> for Tuesday, March 28, 2023. The third activity date is scheduled for
> Wednesday , March 29, 2023.

Another outage will likely happen tonight [2] and tomorrow evening [3].

[1]
https://sn-tools.ctc.grnoc.iu.edu/public-task-viewer/index.cgi?method=show_task&task_id=CHG0067039

[2]
https://sn-tools.ctc.grnoc.iu.edu/public-task-viewer/index.cgi?method=show_task&task_id=CHG0067258
[3]
https://sn-tools.ctc.grnoc.iu.edu/public-task-viewer/index.cgi?method=show_task&task_id=CHG0067260

Apologies for any issues this may cause and again for not sending this out
sooner!

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson