[SAC] [OSGeo] #3011: Write recommendation for mailing list configuration regarding DKIM/DMARC/SPF

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 2 09:58:54 PDT 2023

#3011: Write recommendation for mailing list configuration regarding
DKIM/DMARC/SPF
------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  strk              |       Owner:  sac@…
     Type:  task              |      Status:  new
Comment (by gdt):

 I think it's entirely unreasonable to remove DKIM headers.   The problem
 is that DMARC expects DKIM to be present and valid, and the only non-
 problematic approach is to configure the list to not break DKIM (by not
 modifying the message).

 strk's change to stop setting Sender seems good.   One could just change
 the installed mailman code to make it default; it seems that with mail
 senders including Sender: in DKIM (which is IMHO a bug but we can't fix
 it), that it's no longer OK for lists to set it, in general.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3011#comment:22>
OSGeo <https://osgeo.org/>