[Scotland] local GRASS / R / QGIS help?

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 08:39:19 EDT 2010

dear all,

I'm serving as occasional advisor to a couple of Masters in GIS students
at GeoSciences in Edinburgh. One of them is getting into some deep
statistical analysis of population patterns near transport networks at
the time of the dismantling of the old tram systems.
Super diligent and her work is now going way over my head.

She's now running into problems with proprietary analysis packages,
where IS is unwilling to buy plugins or unable to offer support.

Questions -

1) is there anyone around who would be prepared to sit down with Angela
for a couple of hours and get her started with R/GRASS/QGIS?

2) is anyone thinking about offering a more formal course in the above -
i bet there would be quite a few takers within MSc GIS and beyond.

Ian - is it Ian? From Heriot-Watt - sorry we didnt get to talk more at
OSGIS - what are your plans for an Open Source GIS course? :)

cheers,

jo
--
Jo Walsh

Unlock places - http://unlock.edina.ac.uk/
phone: +44 (0)131 650 2973
skype: metazool

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.