[Scotland] FOSS4G for Open Government, in Edinburgh, Spring 2011

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Fri Sep 10 09:11:57 EDT 2010

dear all,

The subject line says most of what i have to say right now.

FOSS4G for Open Government, in Edinburgh, Spring 2011

Free space - Inspace, at the School of Informatics, where we did Open
Knowledge Scotland - they legally can't hire it, can book it asap.

A small amount of financial support - to present a bit of a glossy
facade, I can likely get design time in kind from EDINA. Mainly to bring
a couple of outliers here - Chris Holmes from OpenGeo to talk about
their opengov work in the US; someone from the German scene to carry
back information; someone else random.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. Scottish and Welsh government SDI
folk. The OpenlyLocal rump. ScotGovCamp, the organisers would plug in.

Let's start an organising committee, we could keep it on this list.
Who is with me? :D

love,

jo

Jo Walsh

Unlock places - http://unlock.edina.ac.uk/
phone: +44 (0)131 650 2973
skype: metazool

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.