[SeasonOfDocs] QGIS writing tasks need help

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 03:23:05 PDT 2019

Hi Cameron and everyone,

I think your and Andrew's list is fairly comprehensive. I would agree the
documentation is good, but I also find it hard to navigate.

I would add that a fair chunk of the tasks that need to be done are the new
features (brought in at different versions) which need to be included.
There is probably a fair chunk of this that material does exist for (e.g. a
blog post on a new feature) that could just be copied over and tidied up
(with ok of the original author) into QGIS documentation.

I think we probably should have reached out to the QGIS community a bit
more, but I'm not very clear on how to do that! (Cameron, did you get any
replies from the QGIS Community list)? Probably I have just not looked
enough to find the right methods to contact them.

I have had interaction with Harrissou Sant-anna https://github.com/DelazJ on
GitHub and they seem quite active, and Alessandro Pasotti
https://github.com/elpaso who has commented on a few of my PRs. However I
can't work how how to message them through GitHub! Perhaps they are on the
qgis-community-team list?!

Please do ask questions, make suggestions etc. !

Best wishes,
Nick.

Nick Bearman
01209 808910 | 07717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of
normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of
your own working pattern.