[SeasonOfDocs] OSGeoLive QGIS Quickstart draft

Andrew Jeffrey aljeffrey83 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 04:30:50 PDT 2019

Hi,

As mentioned last week on the Season of docs list one of the writing tasks
that the QGIS group has identified is updating the OSGeoLive quickstart.

I have finished the first draft of a quickstart for QGIS LTR 3.4 and I
would be interested in feedback. At the moment the doc is read only, let me
know if you would like to contribute and I will add you as an editor.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ba9H6gWjtPBKPVgX54KfIySHQp38i1SfNMD9TLF8s7Q/edit?usp=sharing

The current quickstart for 2.14 can be found here for comparison
https://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/qgis_quickstart.html

Any and all feedback is welcomed, I plan on going back and re-doing all the
screenshots so that they are a consitent size and scale so don't be shy to
suggest more, less, or completely new ones.

I will leave the document up until Thursday 4th July 12:00pm UTC. We will
then need to start on updating the RST files in the repo and submitting
back to the project as I believe they have a deadline on 9th July.

Thanks

Andrew Jeffrey