[SeasonOfDocs] introduction

Jennifer Rondeau jennifer.rondeau at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 05:49:01 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I've just joined the list by invitation from Cameron, and am very pleased
to be here. I'll be joining the intro planning meeting too.

I'm Jennifer (she/her, they/them), and I heard about the GoodDocsProject
through Write the Docs, where I'm a pretty active community
member/manager/organizer, and the nominal lead of the WtD Guide -- although
it's languished pretty unattended for a while. I can say more about that
project if y'all are interested, but I'll save it for a separate message.
(TL;DR: I've looked at some of the list archive discussion about where to
host GoodDocsProject, and I'm not sure the WtD guide is a good fit. But
y'all should take a look at
https://www.writethedocs.org/newsletter/#index-of-newsletter-topics if
you're not already familiar. It's also not a good home for GDP -- oh lord
what an acronym! -- but it's a related WtD resource.)

I'm also one of three leads for the Kubernetes docs, and am pretty involved
with that OSS community also.

The GoodDocsProject is close to my own interests for a third reason, too:
about a year ago, I halfheartedly started a conversation between people I
knew who were involved in creating OSS docs guidelines at a few major
companies (Google, Twitter, Red Hat), with the idea of encouraging
collaboration across projects instead of forging ahead with independent
sets of guidelines. I evidently didn't follow through -- but now here y'all
are making such a thing really happen, and it's lovely to see and inspiring
to be involved.

And last but not least -- I'm a tech writer at Stripe. I'm  joining this
project on my own, but I'll be talking to my manager about Stripe support
as well, because it's aligned with some internal goals and initiatives that
we've been discussing.

Looking forward to learning more and discussing further and generally
helping out however I can!

Jennifer