[SeasonOfDocs] The Good Docs Project status meeting 2 Jul summary

Felicity Brand felicitybrand at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 18:00:39 PDT 2019

Thanks Cameron for facilitating the meeting earlier. Apologies for my
microphone - I think I have fixed it now.

Here are my notes from the meeting. Please do let me know if I have missed
anything or captured it incorrectly.

Attendees

Byron, Cameron, Erin, Felicity, Jennifer, Riona

Discussion points

   - Licensing - we touched briefly on licensing and decided to take this
   to the mailing list.
   - Tooling - we touched briefly on this and decided that it can be an
   ongoing discussion.
   - Hosting - Cameron floated the idea of archiving the existing WtD Guide
   as version 1.0 and then introducing tGDP in place of that as version 20.
   We will discuss further.
   We acknowledged that there are many other disparate projects out there
   like tGDP and we want to try to bring them all together under the one
   umbrella.
   - Governance - High quality is our point of differentiation so
   governance is important. We all liked the idea of the Project Steering
   Committee model as a place to start.
   - Things we need to do -
      - Refine our vision
      - Start writing stuff down:
         - What document types do we want to target?
         - What user personas do we want to target?
      - Sketch out our templates

Action

Owner

Set up a website for tGDP in Github using docsy.

Erin

Write the Docs patronage. Take the question of associating tGDP with WtD to
the WtD community. How might we formalize the overlaps between these two?

Jennifer

Reach out to other potential collaborators (RedHat, Twitter, Feedmereadmes).

Jennifer

Investigate Stripe and corporate sponsorship.

Jennifer

Investigate possibility of sharing the Google-commissioned research into
open source information needs and personas - with a view to it helping us
establish a framework.

Riona

Cheers

Felicity